Happy Eidil Adha

Sunday, March 18, 2007

About Edil Adha

"While Muslims all over the world celebrate the 10th day of the Muslim month Zulhijjah, pilgrims in the holy city of Makkah are performing the fifth pillar of Islam, that is the haj. During Aidiladha, a ritual known as qurban or sacrifice is carried out after the Aidiladha prayer. Animals such as cows, goats and camels that meet certain religious criteria are sacrificed as a symbolic gesture to remember the sacrifice that was instructed upon Prophet Ibrahim Khalilullah".

"...Sacrifice must not be something that only manifests itself once a year during Aidiladha. Therefore we must try to inculcate the spirit of qurban into our lives so that altruism would be one of our characteristics."

p/s: I am going to celebrate aidiladha at my grandparents' house in gombak. I hope that I can spend my quality time with them..

0 comments: